Before your lash appointment:
- Come with your lashes MAKEUP FREE! If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your appointment. Mascara, especially waterproof, leaves a residue on your lashes that may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
- Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock on the eye area.
- Please make sure to silence your phone. Talking or texting while extension are being applied is prohibited as lash application requires precision. You have 2 hours to listen to music or take a nap… TAKE ADVANTAGE!
- DO NOT wet lashes for the first 24 hours!! This is important for the bonding agents in the glue to activate completely. Avoid hot steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools for the first 24 hours.
- Use only oil-free makeup removers and face creams. Using oil-based products will break up the adhesive, making your extensions fall out sooner.
- Wash lashes and eyelids with gentle lash shampoo daily. Brush with eyelash extension brush provided to you.
- DO NOT pull loose hairs or extensions.… Ever pulled out a nose hair? Hurts twice as much! Avoid pulling, tugging and rubbing eyes. You will risk pulling out your natural hair. Instead, use your extension brush to remove any loose hairs.
- Do not use mascara. Mascara acts like crazy glue on silk eyelash extensions. Just. Don’t.
- Avoid using eyelash curlers…if you want curlier lashes, talk to your lash artist!